Monday, 30 April 2007

Awful Day

Today has to be one of the worst days I have ever had! I ran over Isaacs cat. As I was backing out of the garage I felt this bump and thought I had run over some of Steves stuff on the floor of the garage, but no I had done something far worse! My poor boys, the cats are part of the family. We hadn't had them all that long, we got them for Isaacs b'day last Oct to celebrate the tough year we had made it through. Luna was an adorable cat. He had a lovely personality. He LOVED Isaac and Isaac LOVED him. Luna was one of Isaacs 1st words although both cats were Luna to him. Luna would come and sit on Isaacs lap and follow him around. He would come and sit by the bath when Isaac had a bath, he would let Isaac stroke and pat him no matter how hard. One of our last memories is of Isaac waving a feather dangly thing and Luna jumping and chasing it. Tobyn loves all our animals like they are his siblings. He was so sweet while I was sobbing and didn't know what to do he said 'it's OK Mum don't be too sad' One of the saddest moments was when he first knew what had happened and he was crying and saying 'wake up it's just a dream, it's just a dream' and then when took him to school and he said 'I didn't think we could die young, I thought I would live with him for a long time' this eveing he wanted to have a family prayer and I think that helped him a lot, he didn't want to say anything, Steve did a great job for all of us. RIP Luna, we love you.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

So, so sorry Yvette; I can quite understand and I'm feeling a bit tearful for you now. I also hope that Apollo has come home by now