Wednesday, 17 October 2007

NZ Dare #32

My sister came around today we planned on doing some scrapbooking. She is working on the latest music in me challenge "Time after Time" I want to do that one but have NO inspiration for that one yet. So I planned on doing the No 8 wired NZ Dare. The challenge is to scrap a mood. I just flicked through my albums and came across this photo of Tobyn in Disneyland. Tobyn doesn't often show much emotion but as you can see in this photo he LOVED the thrill. I am pretty happy with this layout...but...I don't like the journalling block down the right hand side. When I showed Tobyn the layout he said "it's OK" "just OK" I said, "what don't you like about it?" "I don't like the photo. It doesn't look like a real smile" I replied explaining how it shows how much fun he was having and no it isn't a real smile, it is real EXCITEMENT! I love it. He was OK about it then LOL.



I didn't need to egg sit in the end. They have a Motel in the classroom where the eggs go during class time. I went into school to help with literacy today and they were writing a diary for their eggs. It was so funny hearing the antics the eggs got up to last night. One egg visited her friend next door but her friend had fallen and cracked and needed to be replaced and one got squashed by the dog. So far Tobyn's is surviving. His egg now has a PlayStation 3 and a plasma TV. He has just been making bags of cereal for it. It is great how it has captured their imaginations.

5 comments:

Jenny said...

I like your l/o! Cute that the egg has games to play

Anonymous said...

That's a great layout, it really captures the mood :-)

Sounds like everybody in Tobyn's class is having a lot of fun with the eggs!

Trina said...

Sure does capture the mood. Great LO!

Sharon said...

That layout really captures his excitement - very cool :)

Anonymous said...

Great LO! Egg motel LOL. And I love how well Tobyn looks after his egg, playstation 3 and plasma tv, too funny!!!