Thursday, 25 October 2007

Excited and Exhausted!

I am very excited about many things this week:




  • The fact that the part for the washing machine has finally arrived and I can remove the towels from behind the machine. It has been 2 weeks since we found we had a leak! The washing has been backing up so I am over the moon about that.

  • Today there is some blue sky! Yes you heard it here first. So along with the washing machine part and the blue sky guess what is my main aim today? Yep, washing, washing and more washing!

  • Tobyn's dance performance. Every year they put on an amazing show and I look forward to it so much that I always over book tickets LOL. Hopefully my sister can replace Steve on Friday night because we need someone at home to get Isaac to bed. A 7pm show start is not good for a little boy that needs Daddy to put him to bed, can't get a baby sitter to do it. And when I booked the tickets I didn't think about the time it was starting!

  • My nephew got 3rd= in their schools cluster speech comp. Now what is it about the Rowe grandchildren? My siblings and I were not good at speeches and yet our kids are doing great! Tobyn won for his year earlier this year and now Sheridan has placed 3rd in the cluster schools. Go Sheridan, Aunty is very proud of you!!!

  • The thing I am the most excited about and left until last.........I am being published! Now as most of my visitors are scrap bookers I will have to let you down gently......not being published for scrap booking.......being published for photography! We have very good friends that are journalists. They are Isaac's godparents and live in the States. Tim was deputy editor of the listener a couple of years ago and Ele deputy editor of Next. They went on a bog OE. Ele being American wanted to take Tim 'home'. It took a while for them to find jobs in the industry and they spent some time working in a bookstore to live. They are both now busy with jobs ans study and the big benefit for us is that one of the jobs Tim is doing is helping edit and set up a new online Travel magazine. He asked a few weeks ago for photos in certain categories but I didn't think we had any to suit. Yesterday I received an e-mail from them wishing Isaac a happy birthday. I returned the e-mail with an update in Isaac and an invite to visit my blog. Tim replied soon after with a request for travel photos for the postcard section of the mag, they are short. So Steve spent a good hour or so last night sending through a pile of photos and they want one! I am over the moon. One of my photos is going to be published in an online travel mag WOOHOO!!! When I know more details and when the mag is being published I will link it on here.


And yes I am also exhausted! My baby who is now a big boy and sleeping in a big boy bed is keeping me awake. Not because he is awake, because I am worried he is going to fall out, or come trough at some ungodly hour so I think I have one ear open for him all night. I hope this will pass soon!



I will leave you with one of the photos that was sent through to Tim, not the one being published obviously. But I don't like posts without photos and since Steve re sized these last night I might as well use one.






Isaac and I in the Milford Sound back in February.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of things to be excited about!! Special congrats on getting a photo published, that's awesome!!!! Go you!

Beverley said...

Yay for fine days and washing machines that work! My aim for today is also to get lost of washing done. Congrats on the published thing!

Anonymous said...

lots of things to be greatful for, thats a fab list. Well done on having a phto published! thats still an awesome feat!!

Trina said...

Yay congrats about the photo. I'm like you about photos on my blog, but the last two haven't had any. Sigh. Must take some tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Enjoyed reading your list Yvette! It's great to see you're enjoying the small and bigger things in your life. How cool to get your photo published! And lets hope we see more of that blue ski!

Mrs Frizz said...

Congratulations on you being published in a travel mag ... well done!!!!

Washing machines ... great invention, but when something goes wrong, phuh ... none of us are happy campers. You will be pleased to now have all your washing pile nice and clean and up to date.