Thursday, 30 August 2007

My poor wee boy!

Sorry for the following disjointed blog, I am going to blame it on lack of sleep! Isaac is very sick! He has a raging temp which we don't seem to be able to break. Right now he is actually sleeping on the couch, not me, so I can get a few moments to myself. I took him to the Dr on Tuesday and he said he had a chest infection and gave him an anti bot. But he hasn't got any better. I have had him sleeping with me for 3 nights now. Yesterday he didn't want me to put him down at all, he wouldn't even go to Daddy! Last night he seemed to be hallucinating. He would wake up start screaming and put his hands out in front of him "Lion, lion, lion" It took almost an hour to calm him down. He just did the same thing a few mins ago, this time saying "cat, cat, cat" but not as hysterically. I took him back to the Dr today. He said he isn't any worse and that the high temp is what is causing him all the problems and then prescribed ibuprophen. I hope he starts getting better soon, I hate seeing him so sick. I start to worry, especially because of the fears drummed into us about preemies and colds.

We had a lovely weekend with Steves sister Jane and wee Olivia. Though they were both tired and needing rest and relaxation. I hope that Jane felt a little relaxed after staying with 2 little boys. Olivia had a bit of a cold and wasn't feeding or sleeping well. By Sunday evening Jane phoned after hours and they said to bring her in. This little 12 week old was diagnosed with a chest infection and an ear infection. Poor wee thing, it is so hard to know with babies.

I went out to dinner and to the movies with my sister on Sunday evening. It was nice to get out without the boys! We went to see 'I Now Pronounce you Chuck and Larry' it was funny and there were deffinately some laught out loud moments, but it wasn't one I would rave about.

Now for this weeks scrapbook essentials layout. I am very happy with this one, I love how it turned out. Though my sister will testify that I had to tell myself to stop with the doodling and stitching LOL. The website has been experiencing problems. Couldn't get on at all yesterday (not that Isaac would let me anyway) and today it is touch and go. Next week we have to do a double, ARGH!!!



My sisters husband came home from hospital yesterday after 2 and a half months. She said he tires easily. He is so lucky really, he will be close to 100% in a years time. For those that are new to my blog my BIL was in a head on collision back in June. He broke his collar bone, elbow, hip and both ankles. He has pins and plates in all of those joints.

so until next time, when I have some more totally inthralling news, have a wonderful week.

4 comments:

Hannah said...

Oh no, poor Isaac!! I'm so sorry. It's hard when they are little and they get sick, they can't communicate properly. I hope he has a better night tonight, as it sounds like you could really do with a good sleep! ((HUGS))

I have to say I just LOVED your layout this week! Not that I haven't loved your others, but this one was stunning, I think that colour with the black just made it pop! Awesome job!

Daisy Designs said...

*surprise* It's me!!!

Poor wee Isaac *big huggles from aunty fee*.

p.s. I'm one of the ppl that look at your blog but never commented til now cos I didn't have an account...but i'm here now.

* Fee.

Jenny said...

Oh no Yvette - sorry Issac is ill and the rest of your family don't seem to be having such a good time either. Here's sending healing wishes up your way

Mrs Frizz said...

Hope you wee man is feeling better today and the raging temp has abated. Not fun at all.

Love your layout - the colour truly makes it pop.