Wednesday, 22 August 2007

Latest Ultimate scrapper layout

So here is the latest creation for the Scrapbookessentials ultimate scrapper comp. As I said earlier the challenge this week was to use NO photos, yep, none, nada, zilch! I really struggled with this one. It took me ages to come up with an idea and when it did I thought it was going to work. My original idea was inspired by a piece of fabric I saw, it was different shades of blue circles on a white background. So I thought, ooh, blue circles on white, big words in the middle, journalling around the edge, telling the boys my hopes and dreams for them. I told Steve my inspired idea and he said "I don't generally like your layouts on white backgrounds, I know you do, but..." so I pulled out my layouts on white backgrounds and he liked 4 out of 6...go figure. Anyway I listened to him and decided to not use a white background and it didn't work! I wish I had stayed with my idea. On Sunday I ended up with a very sore back and had to give up working on it. On Monday I could hardly move and I wasn't going to be scrapping that day, especially as Steve had taken a few hours off to look after Isaac and get Tobyn to and from school and swimming. So I had to do the layout on Tuesday, and get it finished while it was still light so I could photograph it. I made a few balls ups e.g, the pale green rings are covering up some hideous yellow paint, which you can kind of see which now I think gives it a great grungy look. But I didn't have time to start again. I think my biggest thing with it is that it is incredibly different to anything that I have ever done before. The ladies in the comp are so sweet, I have had nothing but positive comments about that and I thank you all, it sure does make a girl feel good!



2 comments:

Hannah said...

I honestly do really like this layout!! It would have looked great on white, but it looks just as good on a different colour. And if you'd done a white background, you wouldn't have had the white title down the side, which I just LOVE! You did good, girl!!!

Jenny said...

Yvette - I think it looks great and well done to you for giving it a go