Saturday, 18 August 2007

Meeting Olivia and 2 layouts

Today we went down to Paraparaumu and got to meet little Olivia. What a darling little girl. But poor Jane is tired. Olivia has got reflux and colic. Unfortunately I think all the cousins didn't help the littlest cousin to be settled, of course she wanted to be a part if the 'party'. I remember those 1st few weeks all to clearly! I remember coming home from the States when Isaac was 6 weeks old adjusted age. We had major issues with temporary accommodation. Isaac was not easy to breast feed and I had an unfortunate experience of the landlord walking in unannounced. I had a wonderful nurse who said don't stress about b'feeding, he has got 4 months so if you want to go to the bottle do it. Jane is doing an awesome job, I only wish I could be of more help for her.

Tobyn was smitten with her but a little nervous to hold her. He doesn't remember Isaac being that small and to think when he held Isaac for the 1st time he was only around 3lbs! Steve loved meeting his niece and I don't think he wanted to hand her back when she was upset and her Mum wanted her! Must be something about the little girl snuggles?

OK onto some layouts. This 1st one is my entry into the http://scrapbookessentials.co.nz comp. I love this, it turned out just the way I wanted. I imagined it very feminine with lots of flowers, though I thought about putting some bling on it and maybe I still will.

This weeks challenge is to have no photos :0 I find this one very hard. One of the reasons I scrapbook is because I love taking photos. But I have come up with an idea that also means I get to leave a legacy for my boys which is another reason why I scrapbook.

This next layout is for the b&w + a colour photo monthly challenge at http://scrapbookoutletnz.co.nz again I am really happy with this layout! But I need to work on long titles, I just don't seem to get it right. I see others do titles with lots of words and they look great, definitely something to work on.

Have a lovely rest of the weekend and 'til nest time ttfn.

Oh and to all my 'anonymous' visitors, thanks for visiting! I would love to know who you are and if you have a blog of your own. I am sure that I can't have got over 1000 hits from my Mum and a couple 3 other regulars LOL!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Grat l/os there Yvette!!

Hannah said...

You know I read - because I post!! Ha!

Great layouts - I really love the SE comp entry, and the other one is soooo sweet!!

Ethan had severe gastroesophageal reflux as a baby so I do feel for your sister/SIL (??) but things really do get easier as time goes by. Ethan was much better once he was on medication, and then it was gone completely by 8 months of age.

Ilka said...

Chris had it too not severely but enough for me to wash wash wash all the time - he was like a little projectile milk bomber. Must be tough though to have colic on top. Poor babs and Mum! They do grow out of it but when one's in that zone time seems to go very slow.
Great LO's Yvette! That strong red with the blue is very striking.