Monday, 21 May 2007

running in many ways

Its been a week of achievements in our little family this week. Tobyn ran his cross country on Friday. He had a goal to not be last this year and HE DID IT!!! He bet 2 other boys and lapped one of the girls. He was so proud of himself and now has a goal to beat another 2 boys next year. Maybe by his final year at primary school he will get in the top 4?



Steve is training to run a marathon this year. He would like to run a marathon before he turns 40, so he only has a few months to go. His training has been going really well and for the last 4 weeks and has done a 20km+ run. But on Sunday he did his 1st official 'organised' half marathon. He felt a little nervous before doing it but was thrilled when he bet his 2hour goal, he ran it in 1hr56.



Last week I did an online photography class. There was alot of info and I have learnt so much. I have had a huge desire to learn more and I have been tossing around the idea if doing something more advanced when Isaac is a little older. I don't have alot of faith in my ability most of the time, but every now and then I take a photo that I think is pretty awesome. The following photos are all taken after the tutoring last Wednesday. I still have a few tweaks I need to get right but I feel I am on the right track, and don't they say yoou get worse before you get better when you are trying to improve a skill?







I have spent the last 2 weeks helping Mum scrap so I don't have ANY layouts to show you all :( But in a couple of days I should have completed my layout for the May challenge at SBO. It is in the final stages, I have just got a little stuck for inpiration. Maybe I will get to it tomorrow when Isaac is sleeping?

APOLLO CAME HOME!!! After 2 and a half days away he is now safe and sound, whew!

TTFN

1 comment:

Tracy said...

Hi Yvette! I had to visit your blog after reading the SBO forum thread about blogs. Your photo's look fabulous! I am yet to do my homework, I have had the manual and camera out and practised on the cat but it was inside so I need to get outside and take some proper photo's of the kids. Good luck with the rest of your practise!