Thursday, 13 September 2007

The week that was

Here is the week 6 SE ultimate scrapper layout. This week we were challenged to use a 'technique' It took me a while to decide on what I was going to do. I love altering chipboard. I have done a bit of doodling on recent layouts, I could have done stamping, sewing and many other things. In the end it was the photo that gave me the inspiration. I thought with the ruined tape I could use ribbon to look like the tape ribbon. I am really happy with how it turned out! Steve had quite a bit of input into this one. He actually suggested the ribbon around the photo. Originally I had 3 4x6 photos but once I put the ribbon around the middle one I knew that had to be the focus.


This is the week 5 SE ultimate scrapper entry. We were challenged to do a double layout about a challenge in our life. I chose to do about our time in the States, so far away from friends and family and having Isaac early and the incredibly special nurses who have become very special friends. I am so happy to have this scrapped. I love the layout! It didn't photograph very well, I think the light background with the dark photos confused the camera, even though I was doing it manually. There is silver doodling around the photo of the hands which is very hard to see. The photo of the hands is Steve's wedding ring on Isaacs arm. The ring actually slid right up his arm! This photo was Nurse Sues idea so that we could send it home to family and friends so they could get an idea of how small he was.

Ilka, notice the silver butterfly? Isn't it just so cute! I recieved this in my PIF parcel from Ilka, so lovely.




There is only one week left of the comp and I am in two minds about how I feel about it. I will miss the challenges because I have learnt so much about how I scrap. I will miss the Wednesday morning reveals and seeing all the a mazing work on the site. BUT, my family will be pleased to have the house in more order. I started my spring clean last Friday and slowly over the next couple of weeks I will finish it. So far the kitchen is looking lovely and sparkly clean.

As for the PIF's only one person hasn't said not to PIF them, so Mrs Frizz if you would like to be a PIFee send me a pm on SE. Other than that I think I will PIF some new scrappers here in town.

My class went really well. It was so much fun. There were 7 people and I think I have got another 4 new scrapbookers out of it! I let them choose there own colours and it was so cool to see there personalitys coming through with what they chose. Even though they basically followed my layout they all looked so different and cool.

On other news, my big boy got onto the year 4 quiz team. He got equal top score with his best friend. It is so wonderful to see him blooming with his new teacher. He also had his final hockey game on Sat. They won, what a great way to end the season. They ended up being 5th in division 1, a great effort considering this was there 1st year in division 1 and it is a combined team from 2 schools and range in age from 8-11. Steve gave them all certificates and made them personal. He gave Tobyn Most Enthusiastic player, Tobyn was so chuffed with this!

On Sunday we took Tobyn and his friend Thomas to there 1st rugby game. It was Manawatu vs Otago. Manawatu played really well and it was a draw. the best thing about the game for the boys was when they caught one of the balls kicked into the crowd. After the game they took the ball and got the players to sign it, the players were surprised to see 2 little boys with a ball! They will remember that for a long time!

Have a great weekend everyone TTFN.

5 comments:

Ilka said...

What a great idea for a cool LO! Your boy is so cute!Looking all innocence personified 0.o
Oh the double LO so special, what a marvelous idea with the ring, cannot get over it how tiny Isaac was! Oh yeah I can spot my butterfly on it how way cool!
Congrats to your boy, he must be chuffed to be on the team with his best buddy!
I can see another LO coming on with that neat rugby ball story, what a fabulous memory for those two!

Jenny said...

Your l/os are so cool! Goodness, Isaac was little - what a worry that must have been for you.
And well done to Tobyn!

Hannah said...

I love all your layouts, really gorgeous!

Congrats to Tobyn, you must be so proud of him!!! Fantastic achievement!

Daisy Designs said...

Yay go Tobyn!!!

Wicked that he caught the rugby ball. Chris wanted to go to that game but he didn't end up going. We did drive past though haha.

Anonymous said...

Your Layouts are lovely and I admire you for going right the way thru the challenge because for sure I don't have the sticking power to do something like that....shame on me.

Wow, Isaac was so tiny!

Congrats to Tobyn!