Wednesday, 5 September 2007

PIF a Class and a cutie

There is a fun thing going around the place at the moment call Play it forward. I guess a take on the Pay it Forward idea from the movie of the same same that I enjoyed. So what happens is someone sends me something or does something special and then I do the same for someone else. So for anyone that leaves a message on my blog I will pick 3 people to PIF to. The only catch is that you then PIF to 3 other people. It is fun and people love being treated special once in a while.

Tonight I am teaching a class at our Mums group. I foolishly suggested to Kaila that maybe I could do a page about me with them. We usually talk about our parenting and how we can be better parents, so what about us, a leagacy for our children. Kaila said 'Oh what a fantastic idea, what about our next meeting?' I had been stressing about it! I have never done anything like this before. Will they like it, what do I do, how do I organise the stuff, how many people will turn up and on and on. Last week I was lucky to find some paper very cheap at Spotlight, nice American Crafts stuff it was too. Yesterday I finally put the page idea together, see the pic. I like it. It is very simple, but I don't know if it is too simple. I will let you know after tonight how it goes.



Look at what Isaac spent a lot of yesterday afternoon doing. He spent ages puting these tiny little Mickey Mouse characters in and out of the cab of the truck. Opening and shutting the doors. He was so engrossed he didn't know I was taking pics for ages.



A funny thing that happened with Tobyn this morning....

He went to his room to get dressed and there was a cockroach on the floor of his room. Steve went in and told him that he should keep his room tidier and make sure there wasn't any food in there. Well of course Tobyn wasn't happy with that comment because he never takes food into his room. I on the other hand said it probably came in the open toilet window from the woodshed. His room is right next to the toilet. He liked that idea better. After that he spent a few mins tidying his room. He came into the kitchen and we had the following conversation...

Tobyn: 'I think I know why the cockroach came into my room'
Mum: 'Why'
Tobyn: 'This book was on the floor'

Holds up a kids cookbook with a picture of an icecream sunday on the cover

Mum: 'Oh, why'
Tobyn: 'I think it liked the look of the picture on the front and thought it would taste good'

I couldn't help but laugh and write it down for the future!

6 comments:

Hannah said...

That's a great layout! I think it's perfect. I wouldn't say it was too simple ... people may have a lot to write in the journalling section so I think you've got the design down pat.
All the best for the class!! I'm sure you'll do fine.

PIF is a great blogging idea! But don't enter me in your draw as I've already been PIFFED twice ;-)

That story about the book is so cute - you will have to scrap it!

Mrs Frizz said...

Good luck with your class ... love the layout and nope - nothing too simple about it at all.

Love the conversation about the cockroach ... gorgeous!!!!

Annelie said...

Wow, that's a stunning LO, love it! And I say like Hannah - don't enter me in your PIF draw as I've already been PIFFED twice ;-)

http://annelie.blogg.se/scrapping/

Jenny said...

I'm sure you'll be fine with the class - just think of it as a group of friends doing the same l/o and you'll be fine. Let your love of scrapbooking shine through and everyone will get lots out of it

Jenny said...

Oh meant to add - don't worry about "piffing" me either :-)

Hannah said...

You have been tagged!! Check out my blog :-)