Wednesday, 9 January 2008

A whole lot of random stuff

I am making the most of the time the boys are watching a video. I love wireless broadband, laptops and comfy couches right by the TV and DVD!

Just some random things I have been wanting to blog about.

First of all I have been creating, as you can see by my new blog header. I have also had a chance to scrap! I had this photo sitting on my desk and I figured I should get it scrapped while it was there. I am really happy with the layout. It is using the Dec kit from SBO and I will upload it into their gallery soon. If it wasn't a Christmas layout I would have submitted it for consideration into a mag.



In scrap booking world and the Internet there is an idea around the place about having a word for the year. I haven't done a lot of research into the idea, as I understand it all originated from a book someone read. Anyway I like the idea and my word for this year is RISK. In the past when I have taken risks it has helped me grow and like myself more. So I have many things I want to achieve this year and many of them require me to take myself out of my comfort zone. One of these is submitting some pages to magazines. I am sure that if I keep submitting one day I will get something accepted. So unless I am doing a challenge I won't put layouts in here I will send them to mags for consideration instead. Of course if they are not successful then you will see them here.

Speaking of submitting, a while back I said I had a photo accepted into a new travel magazine. Follow this link http://everywheremag.com/issues/1 and flick through the pages to the postcards, there you will see a photo of a huge rock at cathedral cove, that is my photo. In the next few weeks the magazine will be going on sale in stores worldwide. Wahoo, very exciting for me!

Sometimes in the holidays it is hard to come up with idea of things to do. So these holidays I created an activity box. I wrote a whole of activities on strips of paper and then put them in a box. I get Tobyn to draw one out on the mornings we don't have a full day out planned. There are things like going to the park, picnic in the backyard, movies, bike ride, swimming, science centre a many more. We started this morning and wouldn't you know it he drew out go to the plant shop pick out some plants and plant them.....on a rainy day...? So he had to draw again and he got go to the library, he said "YAY, that is just what I wanted to do!" So off we went. He got a couple of novels which he started reading straight away, I got some fun books for Isaac and they each got a DVD for $1, gotta love that cheap price!!!



I also wanted to put down here how impressed I am with Tobyns change in behaviour recently. It is like he has turned a new leaf. He is helpful, thoughtful and polite. Not that he wasn't before, but it wasn't consistent. We went to a New Years day BBQ and he helped the hosts and asked adults if they would like their glasses refilled. We had so many positive comments from people, we were very proud parents! He is very excited about 2008. On Christmas Eve we talked to him about goals for 2008. We all set ourselves some goals. Tobyn was allowed to stay up until midnight and when midnight came he gave us big hugs and said he was very excited about starting his goals. I hope it lasts!

I am sure I am going to have more random thoughts pop into m,y head in the next little while so be prepared for some pretty random posts in January 2008!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool layout! All the best with your goal of submitting more. I do believe that if you keep submitting, you will eventually get accepted! So go for it!

LOVE your photo ... it's amazing! And fantastic that it's going to be in a magazine. Wow! How did that come about? Did you submit your photo to the mag? I love Cathedral Cove and have lots of photos from our annual holidays at Hahei ... wonder if I could submit mine to a travel mag?!!

Jenny said...

What a great idea to have an activity box! I love your new header and RISK is a fantastic word