Thursday, 17 January 2008

I LOVE........

A few random things that I love this week....

  • Polite men. The man in front of me at the ATM today let me go before him, saying that is how he was brought up. So sweet.
  • Cheap avocados so I can make scrummy guacamole, mmm.
  • Catching up with long lost friends. Steve's best man and his family came for dinner on Tuesday. We hadn't met their youngest Jonathon and he is almost 4. But the best thing is that it is like we saw them yesterday. The kids got on so well and had a ball running up and down the hill. Playing in the grass and chatting. Tobyn and Stephanie sat down the hill in the long grass chatting for about half an hour.
  • Pumpkin Patch outlet. I got 4 items for $40! Gotta love that.
  • Isaac singing. He just starts singing just about anywhere, it is so cute. His favourites at the moment - Twinkle, Twinkle, he can sing the whole thing!; Row, row; Jingle Bells; Elmo's Song - adding Mummy, Daddy, Tobyn, Cookie Monster and Big Bird into the song; and Mrs Bunny.
  • Tobyn enjoying playing card and board games. He is initiating a lot of the game playing at the moment and I love it. It is great quality time and he is semi happy if he doesn't win. What I mean is that he doesn't get mad and upset when he doesn't win like some other children I know.
  • Fresh produce from our garden. These are the first tomatoes. And they taste so delicious.

  • The new SBO kit! It is so gorgeous. Trina and Donna did such a great job putting this one together. What I love the most is that it will do lots of boy pages. Quite a few of the earlier kits are quite feminine and I find them harder to use.
  • Summer. Though not the hot sticky nights.
  • Tobyn's random thoughts. The other day he came to me and asked me how big was 6 cms. I showed him and he said "Wow that is how big the Mammoth wasp is." Well I wouldn't like to come across a wasp that big!
  • My Husband! Next Wednesday is our 15th wedding anniversary! I told him that because I organised something for our 10th it was his turn to do something for the 15th. For our 10th I got his parents to look after Tobyn, who was 4 at the time. I booked The James Cook Grand Chancellor Hotel in Wellington. I didn't tell him where we were staying until I drove into the parking building. I had also booked tickets to The Rocky Horror Stage Show. So this year it was up to him. I didn't think he would get up to much, maybe a dinner out. Mainly because Isaac is only 2 and we haven't left him overnight with anyone else yet and he is not sleeping well. Steve has been very secretive and I am not good with not knowing!!! I knew that we were going to The Lake house for 5 days and I knew that his parents were coming for some of that time. But I was feeling very nervous that maybe he was thinking of an overnight without the boys. So I had to prise it out of him and I am glad I did. So yes we are staying overnight somewhere, just the 2 of us! I know I will find it hard but it has to happen sometime, right?

So there you have it, some of my favourite random things and thoughts this Thursday evening.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved reading your list, it's such a neat way to gain more information about someone, not tht I am nosey or anything;p
Woa to the upcoming 15th wedding anniversary! I'm sure Isaac will be fine with your parents and I hope you wont fret and just enjoy the special time with your hubby :) Cant wait to hear where he takes you to!

Anonymous said...

Great list! It's wonderful to find things that you love and appreciate them.
Very excited to hear what the plans are for the anniversary - I'm sure you'll have a great time!

Mrs Frizz said...

Happy anniversary for next week. Hope that you both have a wonderful night.