Wednesday, 9 January 2008

Because Hannah asked!

First of all I am seriously thinking of changing my blog provider. I really would like to reply to comments and with Blogger I can't. I wanted to thank Trina for your lovely comment about my header.

And Hannah always leaves such lovely comments! And I often want to say something!

So Hannah, this one is for you. My friend was on the editing team for the inaugural issue of Everywhere. He let us all know about it and asked us to submit our travel photos. If it weren't for him asking I would probably not have submitted anything. I actually got Steve to choose a whole lot of photos from my trip with my American friend Sunny last year. Out of about 12 photos this was the one chosen.

This magazine is an offshoot of an already successful photography magazine called JPG. How it works is that people are asked to submit photos on certain themes, a bit like scrap book mags. You join the site and upload your photo with info about it. Then the community votes on the ones they think should be in the glossy magazine that is then printed and released. As well as the themes they also have the 'postcard' section. In this section there will be a variety of photos from around the world.

So in answer to your question about your photos.....ABSOLUTELY! Give it a go. We have such beautiful scenery here in NZ it is hard not to take a good photo here! And the bonus....you get paid.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL Yvette ... I feel special now!!

That is one reason I switched to Wordpress. I used to be very good at replying to all my comments, but now I'm a bit slack - oops! But at least I can reply if I'm asked a question or something! ;-)

Thanks for the info about the magazine. I had a bit more of a look at that website and saw a place to join up. Perhaps I'll do that after our Hahei holiday when I have some new photos! :-)

Mrs Frizz said...

Have been having a wee read through your blog posts ... makes great reading and congratulations on the pic in print.

Raewyn aka whinney said...

Wahooo great news about the Photo being in print!
Love your header, I have seen these raw wooden words and have never had any inspiration till now. Thank you for sharing.
And thank you so much for your kind comments on my blog. You have made my day.