Wednesday, 7 November 2007

A house full of sickies

Obviously I have not had much to say over the past week LOL. We have all been sick in some way. I have had an awful annoying cough. I know it is going around, but I wish it had missed me! Tobyn and Steve have had today off. Tobyn has an ear infection and is now on anti bots. This is only the second time in 9 years that he has had an ear infection so he has done pretty well. But the poor little guy is in pain. Enough about sickies!

Some layouts I have been working on. There are so many things going on in scrappy world at the moment I just can't keep up. There is a DT call, but I have decided not to go for it. I just don't feel confident enough in my work to do it yet. Steve thought I should so I promised him I will give one a go in the next year. SBO have a whole lot of fun going on with challenges and raffles all ending with a gala bash cyber crop at the end of the month. So, the layouts.......

This first one is for Louises week 1 blog challenge. The challenge she set was to not use any manufacturers patterned paper. But we could make our own. It took me all week to come up with some inspiration and finally around 1pm this afternoon I found the photo which inspired the patterned paper. I have used different sized lids and stamped the circles on the paper, representing the bubbles. The colours were inspired by the colours in the bubbles themselves. The circles around the photo I stamped and cut out, just like I would if I had a patterned paper.



This next layout is for the no 8 wired NZ dare blog. The challenge was to use onlt 2 differnt colours. I have used different shades of brown and blue. I actually found this incredibly difficult. I was umming and ahhing about entering it because it is pretty simple. But I love it and it is a photo I love of Isaac.



The last one is for a challenge on scrapbook outlet. No winners or losers you just earn raffle tickets. The challenge was to scrap christmas food. I don't have very many photos of christmas food at all. But I remembered I had these photos of Tobyn making a gingerbread house while we were in the States. I had already tried scrapping it a while ago but didn't like the way it was going. So this time I printed out some smaller photos. I thought I would do a double layout and went to pagemaps for some ideas. I found a sketch, single page that I thought would work and used that. I had it all done and didn't like it. I showed Steve and said I wasn't happy but couldn't put my finger on why. He said the green under the photo isn't quite right and I agreed. It was a darker brighter green like in the top christmas trees. I covered it with the lighter green and I was surprised at how different it made it look. Now I still don't love it but I am so happy to now have this memory scrapped for his album!!!



I don't have any more layouts and I don't have any other news for now so TTFN Until next time...



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

EEps, hope you and your family get well really fast. Poor Tobyn, those infections can be so painful, hope the antibiotics kick in real fast and clear it up.
Great LO's- love how you used the lids for stamping, worked so well and Hogwarths nursery is just too cute! That photo is priceless and I reckon the simple treatment works really well and lets the photo be the main focus!
Hmm gingerbread houses are an american tradition? nono;p It's also a very german thing to do 0.o

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear that you are all sick - I hope Tobyn's ear infection clears up quickly and that the pain subsides for him. And that your cough goes away. I know what it's like, I had that cough for 4-5 weeks!

Awesome layouts, I love the way you have stamped the paper for Louise's challenge, what a brilliant idea! Love it! The others pages are great also. You're on a roll!

Beverley said...

I love the hogwarts photo too - very cute! Your layouts are looking fabulous and you are right - it's a very busy time in the scrapping world for challenges and stuff happening. I'm trying hard to keep up too! Hope you are feeling a little better today.

Angela said...

Hope everybody is feeling better, it's bad enough when one gets it, but when there is more than one, it's havoc. You've been on a roll with your pages, well done.

Neen and Mike said...

Yuck... sucks having the whole house out of action! On the silver lining side you have been rocking some gorgeous pages. I've always wanted to make a gingerbread house!

Thanks for the much needed love on my blog ;)

Lisbet said...

I´m a designer at K-JOI studios and I have been looking at your welldesign and most delicate designs layouts. I really would like to see them at the gallery because they are really great. So I invite you to K-JOI and post.

http://kjoistudios.com

If you also visit my blog I really want to link to you – but then I need you to leave a comment there. I want to add you to my blog inspiration round.
http://www.digiscrapp.blogspot.com

Hope to se you, both at K-Joi and my blog.

Lisbet said...

I really like your side so i have linked to you.

If you register at K-joy.com, please send me a PM so I can take to you. It would be great.

My name is HZDesign - there.

Have a nice day

Anonymous said...

hey I hope your all feeling better, not much fun when the family is sick. You have been busy with layouts, well done for keeping up with them all. I have done no scrapping in about four weeks!! Anyway well done for giving them a go.

Anonymous said...

I love the Hogwarts layout as well - Yvette, I hope that you are all feeling better.

Lisbet said...

I hope you feel better.

It´s Monday and I feel tired anyway. I was looking for inspiration so I visit your blog. I really enjoy looking at others work. Thank you for sharing it with the rest of the world.